October 13, 2017 09:07
ZHENGZHOU, Oct. 12 (Xinhua) -- A commodity fair opened Thursday in central China's Henan Province, attended by more than 2,100 companies from home and abroad.
Over 500 companies from more than 20 countries and regions participated the 23th Zhengzhou National Commodity Fair in the provincial capital.
A zone for imported commodities accounts for a quarter of the display area.
Many companies in Southeast Asia hope to bypass middlemen and directly reach customers in the country's heartland, said Xu Ningning with China-ASEAN Business Council.
"Therefore, Henan is full of opportunities," Xu said.
Civet coffee and latex bedding from Southeast Asian countries are among the most popular items at the fair. Enditem
- 1 China's economic transformation opens new opportunities for multinationals -- GE China CEO
- 2 Belt&Road Initiative showing tangible benefits in Europe: experts
- 3 B&R Initiative to make world "much richer": Serbian president
- 4 3rd "Made in China" exhibition to be held in Qatar in November
- 5 China's innovative farming brings healthier food
- 6 CSCEC’s overseas revenues top USD10 bln in 2016
- 7 B&R Initiative offers unique opportunity for development: Lebanese expert
- 8 Continued innovation to help China avoid middle-income trap: HSBC
- 9 China could sustain 6 pct growth rate in medium term: U.S. expert
- 10 EU-China cooperation vital as U.S. unilateralism writ large: EU expert