October 11, 2017 08:33
BEIJING, Oct. 10 (Xinhua) -- Both Chinese and international companies should seize the opportunities offered by the Belt and Road Initiative, according to a report issued by global real estate services firm Cushman and Wakefield.
Since the initiative was proposed by China in 2013, governmental organs and companies from around the world have expressed their strong will to take part in it, the report said.
Some Chinese companies have increased their international competitiveness through self development and business management, while others sought global partnerships or foreign acquisitions to fill existing gaps between them and their global counterparts.
The number of overseas mergers and acquisitions executed by Chinese firms in 2016 increased by 21 percent from the previous year to reach 438, and the amount of actual investment involved grew to 215.8 billion U.S. dollars, up 148 percent than 2015, the report stated, quoting figures jointly issued this June by Shanghai-based advisory firm DealGlobe and Hurun, known for publishing an annual rich list. These deals were mainly made in the manufacturing, financial services and health sectors.
Business opportunities will arise for overseas companies, including outbound capital projects and infrastructure, especially in partnership with Chinese companies, and involvement in supplying equipment, technology and intellectual property, it also said, citing a report issued by PricewaterhouseCoopers earlier this year.
The Belt and Road Initiative, also knows as the Silk Road Economic Belt and the 21st Century Maritime Silk Road, aims to build a trade and infrastructure network connecting Asia with Europe and Africa along ancient trade routes.
Over 100 countries, regions and international organizations have expressed support for or participated in the initiative.
- • Belt and Road Int'l center officially launched at University of Cambridge
- • PPP has great potential in Belt and Road cooperation
- •China's Belt and Road Initiative contributes to realizing dream of Asian Century: Nepali experts
- • Belt and Road Initiative a game changer on international cooperation
- •Belt and Road creates new tourism pattern
- 1 China's economic transformation opens new opportunities for multinationals -- GE China CEO
- 2 Belt&Road Initiative showing tangible benefits in Europe: experts
- 3 B&R Initiative to make world "much richer": Serbian president
- 4 3rd "Made in China" exhibition to be held in Qatar in November
- 5 China's innovative farming brings healthier food
- 6 CSCEC’s overseas revenues top USD10 bln in 2016
- 7 B&R Initiative offers unique opportunity for development: Lebanese expert
- 8 Continued innovation to help China avoid middle-income trap: HSBC
- 9 China could sustain 6 pct growth rate in medium term: U.S. expert
- 10 EU-China cooperation vital as U.S. unilateralism writ large: EU expert